I'm trying to verify a family connection to the Siege of Vicksburg My sister's name is Lida Lord

Andy's census appears to be the right one. She continued to live in Vicksburg until 1874, when she married Colin Reed and moved to Pennsylvania, where she had several children and then died in 1885, apparently in childbirth as she and her infant are buried in the same grave.

This is what I have so far. Just starting to look at her offspring's descendants, but I know some of them moved as far as California.

View attachment 77425

I'm confused by the 1901 publication date on her book. Was it compiled and published after her death?

I'm a bit confused about the death of Colin M. Reed - My brother was named for him - Colin Reed McNeeley, and I remember visiting someone in Pittsburgh and "Uncle Colin" was there. My brother was born in 1948.

I'm a bit confused about the death of Colin M. Reed - My brother was named for him - Colin Reed McNeeley, and I remember visiting someone in Pittsburgh and "Uncle Colin" was there. My brother was born in 1948.
Dawn, did you get my invitation to view my Ancestry tree? I haven't gotten a confirmation.

Post #8 has a family grouping for Lida Lord, showing that Eva Alexander was the daughter of Lida Lord and Colin M. Reed sr.

I have your brother's birthday as June 18, which means he was born a couple of months after the death of his great-uncle, Colin M Reed jr. who according to his social security claim died April 30.

I think there is another Colin M Reed in this family who may be the uncle you remember - everyone being named the same gets confusing.

Back