"I'll Cook When Pigs Fly and they do in Cincinnati"

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
This delightful cookbook, "I'll Cook When Pigs Fly" was published by the Junior League of Cincinnati. It has wonderful illustrations by Jim Borgman. The cover of book is of a very happy flying pig with cooking mitt, egg, frying pan and a salt shaker on his nose.

The cookbook is full of Cincinnati's best recipes. These include chili, ribs, and hot dogs of all kinds.

It is also packed with interesting trivia about the city of Cincinnati.

The humble pig once put Cincinnati on the map. It was known as ,
"Porkopolis", the pork packing capital of the world, from early to mid 1800s.

Pork from Cincinnati fed everyone, from slaves in plantations to princes in their palaces in Europe. Housewives from San Francisco to New York boasted of having Cincinnati ham for Sunday dinner because it was well known for its reliable quality.

This is a very delightful cookbook to have.

I
This delightful cookbook, "I'll Cook When Pigs Fly" was published by the Junior League of Cincinnati. It has wonderful illustrations by Jim Borgman. The cover of book is of a very happy flying pig with cooking mitt, egg, frying pan and a salt shaker on his nose.

The cookbook is full of Cincinnati's best recipes. These include chili, ribs, and hot dogs of all kinds.

Pork from Cincinnati fed everyone, from slaves in plantations to princes in their palaces in Europe. Housewives from San Francisco to New York boasted of having Cincinnati ham for Sunday dinner because it was well known for its reliable quality.

Smiled when I saw the title of this thread,but it does sound very interesting.

On my list, Donna!

Bill

Back