1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

If anyone watches "Hurricane Hunters" on the Weather Channel...

Discussion in 'Campfire Chat - General Discussions' started by Mark F. Jenkins, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Mark F. Jenkins

Mark F. Jenkins Major Forum Host

...one of the pilots appearing in the second season starting tomorrow is Captain Bonnie Devon Meister, otherwise known as the little granddaughter of our neighbors while I was growing up. (Dad used to dress up like Santa Claus and bring their presents over to them on Christmas Eve; I think that to this day, my dad's face is the face of Santa to that family!)

donna and Nathanb1 like this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. AndyHall

AndyHall Captain

4. Mark F. Jenkins

That would be her!

Wow... she REALLY looks like her mom. They could be twins.

5. Bonnie Jackel Plesco

Bonnie Jackel Plesco Cadet

Mark Jenkins, thanks for the kind post about Devon. She is currently flying the storms in Oahu,Hawaii, her old stomping grounds. She said the base looks exactly the same as it did when she got her captain bars. She just recently was promoted to major.
    I remember your dad at Christmas........the kids caught on and one year said "that's not Santa, that's Chuck" We all had a good laugh on that one. Say hello to your mom and dad for me. Good People!
    Bonnie, Dev's mom.

Nathanb1 and Mark F. Jenkins like this.
  6. Mark F. Jenkins

Huh! What brings you around here, Bonnie? Civil War or happened to notice the reference to Devon?

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)