I found this while googling

Mr. King

Sergeant Major
I thought it was pretty cool.
At a glance, see what appears to be 1855 Springfields with Maynard tape primers. I am shooting from the hip, but I'm assuming this to be a New York State Militia outfit in 1861, due to their attire and accoutrements. The number 7 is plastered everywhere, so I'd guess this is the 7th New York State Militia.
What do you guys think, or most likely know, about it?
XDvdWPAf.gif

Edit: This page says it is:

Union soldiers of the 7th New York Militia posing in front of a tent, probably taken in Camp Cameron, Washington, DC, 1861. Animated stereoscopic photograph.​

Can't say much about who is in the image, but I can tell you that this was made from a stereo image and is known as a "Wobble" among other names. Personally I am not much of a fan of "wobbles" as I really like the original stereos in 3D. I am not sure of the source for this image, but based on the quality I am guessing that this is one from the National Archives. I have not spotted it there or in the LOC yet though.

Edit: This page says it is:

Union soldiers of the 7th New York Militia posing in front of a tent, probably taken in Camp Cameron, Washington, DC, 1861. Animated stereoscopic photograph.​

Can't say much about who is in the image, but I can tell you that this was made from a stereo image and is known as a "Wobble" among other names. Personally I am not much of a fan of "wobbles" as I really like the original stereos in 3D. I am not sure of the source for this image, but based on the quality I am guessing that this is one from the National Archives. I have not spotted it there or in the LOC yet though.
Your scholarship in this subject is highly recognized and appreciated!

Back