how many of your ancestors served in the civil war

Wow. any idea yall moved Quebec?

One side of my French heritage settled around 1660; I don't have an exact date.

The other French side settled initially in Quebec before moving west to Ontario in the nineteenth century. I'd have to look at my computer to see if I have specific dates.

Both families crossed the St. Lawrence River and settled in New York around the turn of the twentieth century.

Ryan

You don't meet many. do you know the french name? you don't kneed too post it ore anything. my dad is tge french side. he is part canadian blackfoot. mom is the dutch religious ohio civil war part.

You don't meet many. do you know the french name? you don't kneed too post it ore anything. my dad is tge french side. he is part canadian blackfoot. mom is the dutch religious ohio civil war part.

Beaudin and Latremouille.

The Beaudins intermarried with some Mohawk so I get my native heritage from them.

Ryan

Beaudin and Latremouille.

The Beaudins intermarried with some Mohawk so I get my native heritage from them.

Ryan
It seems kinda commen in the area back then. i see a blurry border. my grandparents we from montreal but ran a chicken dinner jount for twelve years during the twenties in northern vermont. they were actually on the way to cali from montreal during the depression, made it to detroit and had dad.

Lots. From both my father and mother's family. My father's family were in Whitefield and Murray county in north-west Georgia, defending hearth and home during the Atlanta Campaign, which literally, swept across our lands. On my mother's side, my favorite CW ancestor is my 2nd great-grandfather, with the colourful name of Albert Napoleon Zachary. He served with the 4th Arkansas Cavalry and was part of the disastrous Price's Raid.

Army%20Trans%20MS%202ply%20sm.jpg

Lots. From both my father and mother's family. My father's family were in Whitefield and Murray county in north-west Georgia, defending hearth and home during the Atlanta Campaign, which literally, swept across our lands. On my mother's side, my favorite CW ancestor is my 2nd great-grandfather, with the colourful name of Albert Napoleon Zachary. He served with the 4th Arkansas Cavalry and was part of the disastrous Price's Raid.

Awesome! There's a possibility your ancestor from the 4th Arkansas fought my husband's ancestor, who was with the 43rd Indiana and died after being wounded at Marks Mill.

And people ask "why did your people fight for the south".

At least one (see signature below) and maybe another, both Confederates.

None as far as I know. Mt grandmothers parents came here in the early 1900's, as I think the same with my grandfathers parents came here in the late 1800's or early 1900's from Russia or Romania. My grandmother was born in Bayonne, N.J. and her family moved down here to San Antonio, TX a couple years later. My grandfather was born in New York City, and when down here in Texas in 1942, married my grandmother and after the War, never went back to N.Y. Both on my mom's side. My mom divorced my dad when I was 6 months old and I know nothing about him at all.

Last edited:
Back