Help with finding technical info for guns?

Sugarwookie

Cadet
Hi,

I'm doing research for a pen and paper game based on the world during 1865. I have a list of weapons used during the Civil War, but there are several with no data for things such as maximum range, cost, etc.

Is there another resource that I'm missing that might help with this sort of info? It's a pain to have to dig for each individual gun, sometimes not coming up with info I need with the final results.

Sincerely,

Wookie

Unless it is important to have a very high level of detail just keep it to the types.
smoothbore musket, rifle musket. (and carabines), Breachloading carabine/rifle, Henry, spencer
a few models of revolvers.

The difference between a springfield, enfield or lorenz is so small that I would properly just put them as "rifle musket"

range: remember that when the range is given, it is often the rang where a company size units can (with properly trained soldiers) can give a volley on an enemy unit in close order...

I get the impression that we are talking a RPG game? if so what system are you using?

But how to do this really depend on what you plan to use it for.

I don't know how to access them but the US Army conducted just that kind of test when deciding whether or not to acquire those weapons for their use. I am certain that some people on this site can direct you the proper source so stay tuned.

Back