Monuments Hancock the Superb

prich

Cadet
HancockSuperb.jpg

Photo was taken September 9, 2012 at 12:55 p.m. Hancock Equestrian statue on East Cemetery Hill, Gettysburg.

View attachment 11487

Photo was taken September 9, 2012 at 12:55 p.m. Hancock Equestrian statue on East Cemetery Hill, Gettysburg.
I didn't fully appreciate it until it had completely downloaded. Very nice. Is there any kind of archive that would show the actual terrain in July 1863 to compare it with these. Something like that must be at the Nat'l. Park?

I love walking past East Cemetery Hill at night after eating dinner at O'Rourke's. It's a haunting sight to see Hancock and Howard's monuments perched high in the air.

JB, Sounds good.

Everybody! JBarts buying at O'Rourke's! (thought cloud appears overhead>>>> Hmmph? Must be hungry. Eat now. Then. Need sleep. mumblemumblemumble)

JB, Sounds good.

Everybody! JBarts buying at O'Rourke's! (thought cloud appears overhead>>>> Hmmph? Must be hungry. Eat now. Then. Need sleep. mumblemumblemumble)
First round...sure. You're on your own after that. No stumbling into monuments or scaring ghost tour guests afterwards. I'll deny that I even knew you. :smile:

Everybody! JBarts buying the First Round at O"Rourke's! (thought cloud appears overhead>>>>>> I cant stop. Desperation overtaking me. SLEzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

I like the attitude of Hancock frozen in his statue. "Cool it and fall in line behind me. I got this...I got this."

Back