1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!
  2. Today is CivilWarTalk's 16th Anniversary!
    Thanks for all the great years of American Civil War discussions, and making this web site, our website, one of the best on the internet! To many more years of great discussions!

- Mike & Staff at CivilWarTalk

Greene Rifle Works Worcester Mass, Carbine - Warner's patent.

Discussion in 'Civil War Weapons and Ammunition' started by timowen, Apr 22, 2011.

1. timowen

timowen Cadet

I brought one of these ( Ser No.2093) in reasonable condition, but it has lost the breech block.
    I'd like to make a replacement, and I can see most of the works, but the catch is puzzling me. My carbine is identical to several I've seen photos of, with serial numbers in the 1000 - 3000 range, but the catches in the photos ( steel file-cut button) differ from that shown in Warner's Patent of Feb 1864 and I cannot work out the details well enough to make a replacement.

Can anyone send me a reference to a drawing or more details, or tell me how it works?
    Does anyone have one, and are they common? It is the model without the extra hammer that functioned as a lock.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)