Graphic: Memento Mori Photographs

Bonnie Blue, that is actually really cool; thank you for posting that! :smile: I am a total jewelry fanatic, and I actually think it would be cool to do that... especially with my mother's remains (when the time comes) as she also loves jewelry. I am REALLY very close to both of my parents, and while thinking of things like this is scary and troubling, this is honestly a unique, creative and attractive alternative to having my parents sitting around in urns. (Now, I have actually told both of my parents that they are NEVER allowed to die, but I think that probably isn''t going to work forever...!)

I also meant to thank you for your post about the Now I Lay me Down to Sleep information. It is most likely a great comfort to grieving parents to have a memento like those photos; and I am glad that the service is available. Again, I am not a parent and have no plans to be; but I can only imagine the gut-crunching grief that must always accompany the death of a child.

Winslow Homer's painting The Lifeline was considered obscene when first shown. He did a series of passengers being rescued. Revealing ladies underclothes, soaking wet dresses showing off ladies contours, man's arm around woman immediately below her breast! Oh the shamelessness of it all!

You know, I actually did wonder about that when I looked at that painting this last time, as I have a bit more knowledge now about Victorian ideas of modesty. Thank you for addressing that! :smile:

Back