1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Girls Sold as White Slaves 1908

Discussion in 'Campfire Chat - General Discussions' started by Barrycdog, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Barrycdog

Barrycdog Captain

upload_2013-9-15_1-12-1.png

Atlanta Georgian and News, Oct. 30, 1908 -- page 16

Found this while scolling for info

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. W. M. Willett

W. M. Willett Private

I wonder if anyone has researched this further or has knowledge of who was arrested and what the outcome was?

Barrycdog likes this.
  4. Lee

Lee 1st Lieutenant

I am certain young girls or vulnerable women have and continue to be forced into prostitution in that day as such crimes are still with us today. I am a tad suspicious though as the article is basically vague and general. In so many words the article says a name has been given to police and they will announce and arrest once the evidence is collected. Think about that for a minute as one could say that about anyone accused of any crime. If there is a follow up and a politician was implicated or arrested I would love to read about it though.

Barrycdog likes this.
  5. unicornforge

unicornforge First Sergeant

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)