K-58 LOC

Custer K-59.jpg

K-59 LOC

Custer K-60.jpg

K-60 NA

Custer K-61.jpg

K-61 NA

Merritt, Sheridan, Crook, Forsyth, Custer
I just did a telegram with Crook in it. I had no idea who he was, of course, and had to look him up. It's nice to see his face (assuming it's the same Crook).

I think he'd love taking 'selfies' in the 21st century.
Custer, I suspect, would have been fun to hang out with. I do see hilarious selfies. :D

He liked having his picture taken but did photographers like taking his picture? Maybe to sell them? Did people want pictures of him?

Photographers would always take photos of Generals, good opportunity for sales. With Custer though they must have loved him from the start. There are more pictures of him as a Jr. officer than I can think of for anyone else. In his case he became famous, but it is amazing how many early photos there are of him.

He liked having his picture taken but did photographers like taking his picture? Maybe to sell them? Did people want pictures of him?

I picture him as fussy, so I'm sure he was a photographer's nightmare, being so dandy. I'm far more well versed in his demise and subsequent fame than what he was truly like as a person other than he seemed to have a penchant for having his photograph taken and that he always looked so put together. That being the case, I want to assume people did want to see pictures him, but I could be mistaken.

Back