Francis Marion Agee, 22nd Tenessee Infantry

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Honored Fallen Comrade
10693_574528009355390_5423012843607718302_n.jpg

From Gibson County, TN. holds a Colt Revolving Rifle, Agee was killed on April 6, 1862 at Shiloh

Looks like a 1855 Sidehammer or "Root" revolving rifle. He may have been killed by his own weapon. Those things scare the dickens out of me due to chamber firing. Great way to lose a hand and bleed out of the field. If you've ever experienced a chamber fire you will not want to do it again. Been there and done that! Thank goodness it was only blank charges and powder burns to my elbow instead of the loss of a hand..

Looks like a 1855 Sidehammer or "Root" revolving rifle. He may have been killed by his own weapon. Those things scare the dickens out of me due to chamber firing. Great way to lose a hand and bleed out of the field. If you've ever experienced a chamber fire you will not want to do it again. Been there and done that! Thank goodness it was only blank charges and powder burns to my elbow instead of the loss of a hand..

My guess is that the piece is a prop, you often see a wide of array weaponry in the photographer’s studio.

Back