Feb. 23rd National Banana Bread Day

That's a good idea! You know, it's harder to cook for one or two. I'm so used to cooking for a tribe that I'll do it even when there's just me and the hubby... Why are you frying up four pounds of hamburger? Oh, drat.... :laugh:

That's a good idea! You know, it's harder to cook for one or two. I'm so used to cooking for a tribe that I'll do it even when there's just me and the hubby... Why are you frying up four pounds of hamburger? Oh, drat.... :laugh:
My biggest problem is that all my pots and pans are BIG! Hard to cook a sauce for two in an 12-quart Dutch oven!

I got 3 cheap non-stick mini pans: a single egg frying pan, a 2 cup sauce pan and a 2 cup saute pan. They take very little space and are perfect for cooking for 1 or 2 people

http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-banana-bread-day-february-23/

Interesting read on the National Day site about banana bread.

It also linked me to an amazing sounding Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Bread, sounds rich, but oh so good! :hungry:

Ingredients -
  • cooking spray
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220941/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-banana-bread/

Last edited by a moderator:
A Banana Nut Bread with banana, pecans and raisins.

1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon soda
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed

Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dust nuts and raisins with flour and combine remaining flour and soda.

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add flour mixing well. Stir in bananas, nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 50 minutes. Cool on rack. Can keep for one or two days before eating. This allows bread to become more moist.

Back