Expert on Corinth

Okay, so, who's an 'expert' (I'm using this term very liberally! LOL) on the Battle of Corinth, or has a good knowledge of fights/skirmishes in the Corinth area. I've got an ancestor, Pv John A Clark, Company H, 17th Arkansas Infantry Regiment "killed, Corinth, 6/25/1862". I know that date doesn't match the 1st or 2nd battle of corinth, so, just wondering if anyone has any sort of records of uncivil antics causing young boys to lose their lives for sill rich men's ideas.
His father, John H. Clark, was killed by bushwhackers in Newton County, AR also in 1862 while tending his farm. No real further information there, wondering if maybe he was killed because he had two sons serving in the CSA?
I'm just trying to figure out his death, no service cards as of yet. It's possible that he died in the hospital after the first battle, but he's not listed, that I can find on Find A Grave. I called the cemetary and asked if they have record of him, they said no.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All I found was "died at Little Rock" April 20, 1862. Enlisted at Fort Smith, Dec.4, 1861. There's listed a John Clark and a John A. Clark in the same company.

Okay, so, who's an 'expert' (I'm using this term very liberally! LOL) on the Battle of Corinth, or has a good knowledge of fights/skirmishes in the Corinth area. I've got an ancestor, Pv John A Clark, Company H, 17th Arkansas Infantry Regiment "killed, Corinth, 6/25/1862". I know that date doesn't match the 1st or 2nd battle of corinth, so, just wondering if anyone has any sort of records of uncivil antics causing young boys to lose their lives for sill rich men's ideas.
His father, John H. Clark, was killed by bushwhackers in Newton County, AR also in 1862 while tending his farm. No real further information there, wondering if maybe he was killed because he had two sons serving in the CSA?
I'm just trying to figure out his death, no service cards as of yet. It's possible that he died in the hospital after the first battle, but he's not listed, that I can find on Find A Grave. I called the cemetary and asked if they have record of him, they said no.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don't look at me.

Well, just to clarify, there were two 17th Arkansas regiments - Griffith's and Lemoyne's - and it looks like Lemoyne's 17th was the one that was eventually consolidated with the 14th Arkansas Battalion.

Last edited:
Back