Is Jake Gyllenhaal a John Bell Hood Doppelgänger?

JPinta

Private
If you’re anything like me you’ve probably seen people or pictures of people from the 20th/21st century and thought they resembled someone from the war. I thought why not start a thread where we can share these resemblances? Post your favorite modern (or modern-ish) doppelgänger of someone from the mid-19th century!

I’ll start with a perhaps controversial one. No one I know agrees with me on this, maybe I’ll find a sympathizer here (either that or confirm that I am indeed crazy :frantic:).
I’ve always thought that in certain pictures (not all!) the actor Jake Gyllenhaal resembles John Bell Hood. Perhaps strange, but my contribution nonetheless!

Hood-Gyllenhaal2.jpg

Vote Here:
Ah! I think you've got Meade there! :D

It was a toss up between Meade and Butler. I almost went with Meade but I kept posting Meade's picture then deleting it. It was the droopiness and bags under the eyes of both Schiavelli and Butler that determined my final decision.

Vote Here:
Jude Law is another one I always thought would be a good Forrest! He's got the dramatic eyes and eyebrows, plus he's fairly tall. Think he can pull off a chin beard better than the rest of the candidates!

p s
Can anybody put Jude Law and Forrest together? Still getting my sea legs on this new computer!
men-jude-law-portrait-www-huy-com-ua-1873544230.jpg 24636-004-1C89C3CB.jpg

Vote Here:
If you’re anything like me you’ve probably seen people or pictures of people from the 20th/21st century and thought they resembled someone from the war. I thought why not start a thread where we can share these resemblances? Post your favorite modern (or modern-ish) doppelgänger of someone from the mid-19th century!

I’ll start with a perhaps controversial one. No one I know agrees with me on this, maybe I’ll find a sympathizer here (either that or confirm that I am indeed crazy :frantic:).
I’ve always thought that in certain pictures (not all!) the actor Jake Gyllenhaal resembles John Bell Hood. Perhaps strange, but my contribution nonetheless!

View attachment 30622

YES! I mentioned Gyllenhaal's resemblance to Hood on a previous thread a while back. I think people tend to forget just how young John Bell Hood was during the ACW.

Vote Here:

View attachment 30622
I see that very clearly, so i guess we are both crazy!:roflmao:

Vote Here:
Back