Civil War Was Lost by Masonic Traitors

philojones

Cadet
I know a 33rd degree mason in Arkansas who showed me letters describing how northern and southern combatants stopped killing each other and came together for masonic rites in numerous civil war battles. Apparently, this superceded their Christianity which should have prevented them from fighting in the first place. That proves that masonry was above the war, the cause and could direct some mason in any path (e.g. you southern boys are going to throw the war). Maybe Robert E. Lee was bound to lose to war by making aggressive incursions north instead of digging in. I'm not saying that's what happened but there had to be masonic traitors that threw the war. I'm sure not all masons did but then again I can't fathom stopping a **** war to have masonic rites. Also, a real war would have brought significant European support for the South. Another telling fact is that most of the southern leadership was treated with kid gloves or "escaped" to Europe like Judah Benjamin.

I'm aware of one, possibly two cases, in which a prisoner who was to be executed was spared by a brother mason on the opposite site. One if I remember correctly had been captured by Mosby. Will have to go look for the reference. I'm not aware of any large scale cease fires for the purpose of holding rites.

You know, just because someone shows you something written down doesn't mean it's true - particularly when that person has an obvious bias which might motivate them to fabricate a story. Honestly I'd be way more impressed if someone who wasn't a 33rd degree mason had these supposed letters.

I know a 33rd degree mason in Arkansas who showed me letters describing how northern and southern combatants stopped killing each other and came together for masonic rites in numerous civil war battles. Apparently, this superceded their Christianity which should have prevented them from fighting in the first place. That proves that masonry was above the war, the cause and could direct some mason in any path (e.g. you southern boys are going to throw the war). Maybe Robert E. Lee was bound to lose to war by making aggressive incursions north instead of digging in. I'm not saying that's what happened but there had to be masonic traitors that threw the war. I'm sure not all masons did but then again I can't fathom stopping a **** war to have masonic rites. Also, a real war would have brought significant European support for the South. Another telling fact is that most of the southern leadership was treated with kid gloves or "escaped" to Europe like Judah Benjamin.

I'm more of the idea of aliens from planet 9 traveling through time back to the Civil War to aid the Union win vice any Masons throwing the fight.

But that's just me. :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

Unionblue

:O o:

1392616621048.jpg

Well, we know of instances where Masons helped one another on a personal level. A wounded man after a battle, a Mason treated respectfully as a prisoner of either side, that sort of thing. The only significant incident I have ever read about involving Freemasonry was at the burning of Chambersburg, PA, in 1864. When the order came to burn the city, a junior officer and a squad of Confederate soldiers were dispatched to guard that city's Masonic Lodge, at all costs. It was not to be molested, let alone burned.

It would take me a week evaluating sources to say with 100% confidence that it really happened. It probably did, but hardly amounts to "throwing the war," or even the "battle," if you want to call it that. Good night Irene!

Well, we know of instances where Masons helped one another on a personal level. A wounded man after a battle, a Mason treated respectfully as a prisoner of either side, that sort of thing. The only significant incident I have ever read about involving Freemasonry was at the burning of Chambersburg, PA, in 1864. When the order came to burn the city, a junior officer and a squad of Confederate soldiers were dispatched to guard that city's Masonic Lodge, at all costs. It was not to be molested, let alone burned.

It would take me a week evaluating sources to say with 100% confidence that it really happened. It probably did, but hardly amounts to "throwing the war," or even the "battle," if you want to call it that. Good night Irene!

I've also read multiple accounts of lower level Masons helping one and other. That's totally believable. Its still common today. The idea that a 33rd tier would even admit to being a 33rd tier is questionable. (33rd would actually only be a rank of 3rd level, and is considered honorary. 32nd is the highest initiated 3rd degree, member rank). 99% of Masonic members are below 3rd level, are common people, and have no ill intentions. I'd like to see the document personally though. The fact is no one knows what the highest ranking Free Masons do but them, and the subject is loaded with tinfoil hat conspiracies etc.

Last edited:
How on earth would they have had the time to carry out Masonic rites during a battle ?
On a grand scale, your point is very well taken. There is no way a vast battlefield could be halted temporarily for the performance of Masonic rites.

...now, on a more individual level... read on...

Well, SURE, I think more than one poor Freemason soldier one either side found himself captured and about to be executed. I have no trouble whatsoever believing that secret signs might have been exchanged in a "last ditch" effort for clemency. I have no trouble believing clemency was often granted in such circumstances.

I am neither a Freemason nor a Knight of Columbus, but I'll tell you folks this much: You MUST NOT discount the power of the fraternal bonds of these institutions. These are powerful bonds, indeed. Even I know that. Ignore that fact if you wish... But you'll be better off in the long run if you respect it.

I am neither a Freemason nor a Knight of Columbus, but I'll tell you folks this much: You MUST NOT discount the power of the fraternal bonds of these institutions.

Nor am I. However, you are absolutely right about the fraternal bonds, especially in the 19th century. It's really hard to overstate the power of the institution during that time. It was a really serious business.

Back