1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Civil War Paintings

Discussion in 'Campfire Chat - General Discussions' started by LJ Lindhurst, Apr 23, 2012.

1. LJ Lindhurst

LJ Lindhurst Guest

Hi-- I'm new to this site. I am a painter and I am painting a series of portraits based on the Civil War era. Thought I'd post the link and see what some real Civil War experts might think about these. I'm going to do six more, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

http://ljlindhurst.com/blog/2012/04/22/the-american-civil-war-3/

Thanks!

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. M E Wolf

M E Wolf Brigadier General Moderator

LJ Lindhurst,

I would consult Don Troiani and his work for experts. He's the top pick artist as far as I know.

Please also visit the "Photography" section of the forums. You'll see many comments there on colorized photos from original glass plates, etc.

Respectfully,
    M. E. Wolf

4. LJ Lindhurst

LJ Lindhurst Cadet

Thanks-- I have spent quite a bit of time in the photography section. You guys are a great resource.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)