Civil War letters

Very interesting! It really turns statistics and names from a roster into flesh and blood. Letters provide us a great view into the window of the mind and heart of those who were there. One can almost read between the lines to feel the mood of the writer. Profound! Thank you for the posting.

Very interesting! It really turns statistics and names from a roster into flesh and blood. Letters provide us a great view into the window of the mind and heart of those who were there. One can almost read between the lines to feel the mood of the writer. Profound! Thank you for the posting.
I'm glad you revived this old post of mine! I had forgotten about it!
I really enjoy finding first person observations of the events as you say to put a human face to the dry statistics.
We also seem to forget about anyone who wasn't a general or a scoundrel .

I'm glad you revived this old post of mine! I had forgotten about it!
I really enjoy finding first person observations of the events as you say to put a human face to the dry statistics.
We also seem to forget about anyone who wasn't a general or a scoundrel .
I'm glad you started this thread. Disappointed there are few replies. CW letters provide a look into the soul and heart of the writer as well as some invaluable history. Hope to see more activity here!

Back