Civil War Colonels

By my own estimations, around 5 years old - it's not aged gracefully.

So Zuzah in his teens, when he only needed 3-4 colors and could pop out a new colorization every 15-20 minutes. :sneaky:

I hate showing my early stuff. Yesterday I had a customer request an image that I had done 3-4 years ago and before I showed it to them I went and updated and re-posted it on my site just to make it look good. They made the purchase, so it worked out. I would just have been embarrassed if I had sold them the other version. Trouble is never enough time to go back and fix/update everything.

So Zuzah in his teens, when he only needed 3-4 colors and could pop out a new colorization every 15-20 minutes. :sneaky:

I hate showing my early stuff. Yesterday I had a customer request an image that I had done 3-4 years ago and before I showed it to them I went and updated and re-posted it on my site just to make it look good. They made the purchase, so it worked out. I would just have been embarrassed if I had sold them the other version. Trouble is never enough time to go back and fix/update everything.
Haha, yeah. I remember I took 5 minutes on a portrait once - amazing turnaround. Nowadays it's an hour or two per simple portrait, a lot more stuff to do, very meticulous. But hey, I was in my teens 2 years ago, I was in my teens when Prometheus first reached out! :D

I had a magazine use a really, really early colorization. I requested that I update it first, but they didn't have time for that - and it was on the cover. :frown:

Still have that magazine, I would still proudly display it, but man it's not pretty.

Haha, yeah. I remember I took 5 minutes on a portrait once - amazing turnaround. Nowadays it's an hour or two per simple portrait, a lot more stuff to do, very meticulous. But hey, I was in my teens 2 years ago, I was in my teens when Prometheus first reached out! :D

I had a magazine use a really, really early colorization. I requested that I update it first, but they didn't have time for that - and it was on the cover. :frown:

Still have that magazine, I would still proudly display it, but man it's not pretty.

Love it, five minutes on a portrait! Those were the days when you did everything with a mouse too and not a drawing pad.

Mads Madsen, is that your real name?
Yes it is - I don't archive my photographs after rank, but unfortunately after name.

You can use the search function over @ reddit.com/r/ColorizedCivilWar and see if you hit any results - or try the forum you're visiting.

Most of my photographs have been posted here, Chris.

Mads colorized a General Bate for me that the Camp had made into a beautiful framed portrait as well as colorizing my avatar of Col. Winkler.
I'm glad you still remember that, did someone really frame the Bate portrait? That's awesome! I had no idea.

image.jpeg

Not great lighting as it hangs over my bar area between Camp meetings. They printed it on canvas for me.

Back