Civil War Book of the Month - Nominate Your Favorite Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Scythe of Fire is not a novel but a regimental history.

Not sure of this one, but did Allen Guelzo write fiction?
Edit: I checked to be sure and Gettysburg The Last Invasion is a history of the Gettysburg campaign, not a novel. Yes, picking nits, but the thread is for novels this time. I am in no way trying to be rude so please don't take it as such.
That's OK. I wasn't sure if it was a novel or not? I will try again, another time. :smile coffee:

The Black Flower by Howard Bahr
It's time to revive our Book of the Month Contest!

For the month of April, please Nominate Your Favorite Civil War Fictional Novel! There is no restrictions on when the book was published! We will collect all your nominations over the weekend, and on Monday publish a poll to select our Book of the Month!

Please post your nominations in the thread below, only one nomination per member please!

The 'Starbuck Chronicles' by Bernard Cornwell. 'Battle Flag' the 3rd book being my favorite.
'The Widow of The South'. My ancestor was an assistant surgeon in the Cumberland Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee during the early part of 1864 so it strikes a chord. The photographs and discriptions of the Carnton Cemetery, Franklin and the Mcgavock family photos at the end of the book are great.

'Selma' by Val L. McGee. A lot of historical information on secessionists and unionists and laws about slavery. Val McGee probably won't replace John Grisham in Southern legal fiction, but he's a former Alabama judge and WWII veteran, so his is an interesting perspective.

barry.png
Craig Barry's book!:thumbsup:

But a reminder, folks....fiction! Glad Craig Barry's book got a nod...but this is not the right category. His is DEFINITELY non-fiction--but a darned important reference!

Ralph Peters-Cain at Gettysburg just edges his other CW novel Hell or Richmond. If you haven't read this fella yet you should, you really should!
Micky
Actually, he has several "other" Civil War novels; "Owen Parry" is actually a pseudonym of Peters' under which he writes (wrote?) the entire Abel Jones series of Civil War mysteries, which I personally prefer to those written under his own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back