Cemetery Ridge Rehabilitation

Aussie Billy Sherman

First Sergeant
From the Gettysburg National Park Service Youtube channel

This time lapse video chronicles the rehabilitation project on Cemetery Ridge. Contractors are now excavating to reestablish Ziegler’s Ravine. Upcoming work includes grading for a commemorative walkway and planting 125 trees to replace the missing area of Ziegler's Grove. In September, park staff will begin working on site rebuilding the Hancock Avenue gate.

If the weather remains fair completion may be in October. If not, it could extend into December. Funding for this project was provided by the Gettysburg Foundation and National Park Service Centennial funds.

For more information about this project please visit our blog:
https://npsgnmp.wordpress.com/2015/05...

Thanks for sharing! I drove by this a bunch of times last week. At first I was annoyed at all the work...but when I was walking around the National Cemetery I realized that they really don't even make much noise over there and, I'd submit, that they are really quite respectful in their work... if that makes sense. Things were coming along from what I could see last week. Rained every afternoon though so I'm sure that put a damper on things.

Back