Cape Fear Museum beefs up security in wake of robbery

CMWinkler

Colonel
Retired Moderator
Cape Fear Museum beefs up security in wake of robbery
Expired Image Removed
A belt plate is just one of the items stolen recently from the Cape Fear Museum. Photo courtesy of Cape Fear Museum

By Julian March
[email protected]
Published: Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 8:08 a.m.

Three weeks after the Cape Fear Museum reported the theft of five Civil War-era objects, the items have still not been recovered.

But in the wake of the robbery, museum officials have evaluated their security procedures and are making changes.

The museum has ordered new locks for its display cases, said Amy Kilgore Mangus, a museum spokeswoman.

“We're installing even more secure locks,” Mangus said earlier this week. The objects were stolen from a display cabinet, which had a broken lock.

For the rest: http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...r-Museum-beefs-up-security-in-wake-of-robbery

Robbery by law is the felonious taking of the property of another from his or her person or in his or her immediate presence against his or her will by violence or intimidation. As reported that the items were discovered missing at a later time does not constitute robbery, but theft. Theft is a much lesser crime than robbery. The reporters very often don't know the difference.:unsure:

Robbery by law is the felonious taking of the property of another from his or her person or in his or her immediate presence against his or her will by violence or intimidation. As reported that the items were discovered missing at a later time does not constitute robbery, but theft. Theft is a much lesser crime than robbery. The reporters very often don't know the difference.:unsure:

You are either a police officer or a lawyer, either way it sounds as though you are a good person to know.

Absolutely true.

Retired law enforcement of 34 plus years. Early in my career a judge told me that I didn't have to know the law as well as a lawyer. I had to know it better!:thumbsup: Thanks for the insight.

I figured as much, my brother was the blacksheep of an otherwise firefighting family as he became the police officer.

Back