Award to Cook of the week

My son left a chunk of Stilton blue cheese last week, hard one. Will that do? It seems stronger than regular blue cheese.

Just hearing of bleu cheese makes me remember an episode of Car Talk. This guy was dating a women with a kid who was not thrilled about his mother getting married. The caller had a classic car that he kept in a barn. The kid pushed bleu cheese down into the vents below the windshield on the outside. They used the car for the wedding and did not throw rice but some kind of bird seed, which soon rooted itself in the cheese and was watered by a leak in the barn. So they went on the honeymoon and came back to a nasty smelling car with tall grasses growing out of the vents and was seeking help in how to do this. I hope I am remembering these details correctly. My husband and I were in tears laughing in the car listening to it.

My son left a chunk of Stilton blue cheese last week, hard one. Will that do? It seems stronger than regular blue cheese.

Just hearing of bleu cheese makes me remember an episode of Car Talk. This guy was dating a women with a kid who was not thrilled about his mother getting married. The caller had a classic car that he kept in a barn. The kid pushed bleu cheese down into the vents below the windshield on the outside. They used the car for the wedding and did not throw rice but some kind of bird seed, which soon rooted itself in the cheese and was watered by a leak in the barn. So they went on the honeymoon and came back to a nasty smelling car with tall grasses growing out of the vents and was seeking help in how to do this. I hope I am remembering these details correctly. My husband and I were in tears laughing in the car listening to it.
My husband's best friend was less than amused when we filled his car with confetti at his wedding. His Dad vacuumed it all out when they left on their honeymoon, but forgot about the vents. They went somewhere down in the Caribbean for their honeymoon in late September, and turned on the heater on their way home! Confetti everywhere! We laughed until we cried, but he was still "not amused".

Oh, that's so nice! :wub: Do we get little aprons on our avatars? Forrest would look good with a nice barbeque apron and a spatula in his hand - all right, what's next for frying? Bring it on! :laugh:

It's so much fun testing out the recipes here. I haven't had but two flops and one was my own fault - got to get these glasses seen to!

Congrats, Diane!

NBForrest, Chef.jpg

Would really like to try that Blue Cheese recipe but, unfortunately, Dear One detests Blue Cheese. I confine myself to salad dressing.

Aaaah, the eternal frustration of the inventive cook! Seems we all know that!
Tell an ignorant German, please: what is a crockpot?
You might call them slow cookers over there, FF. They're just an electric device that cooks on low heat all day. Throw in a roast and stuff when you go to work and the stuff is done when you get home. Low temperature, all day, and the result can be pretty good.

Back