Restricted Are other (non CBF) CSA Flags also potentially incendiary?

HardeeBoy

Private
...or do they get a pass simply because the average Joe can't identify their origin. I'm not trying to stir the pot folks. I thought of this question as I read the OP of a recent thread on the CBF.

I have a repro Hardee (pattern) Battle Flag for the 1st Arkansas. It's well done and hangs in my mancave if you will. It's like the one in the pic below. I also have a decent 34 star 1862 Union Guidon repro. I like to fly the guidon from time to time from the flag pole off the front of my house....it looks cool and is a nice variation of Old Glory.

Given the seemingly perpetual controversy over the CBF I haven't really wanted or bothered to fly the HBF repro. I wonder about the potential questions or assumptions the neighbors might have or make....aside from this my wife is a Yankee and isn't exactly cheering me on to fly it outside!! Heck, I'm low key and don't want ANY of those hassles, lol. I'd venture 99% of passers by would have no clue what a HBF is.

Curious though, if any one here has heard of any flack, offense being taken, or controversy arising over the HBF or other non-CBF flag from the CSA being displayed?

1srArkflag.jpg

Back