American Civil War Sites and Memories of 2015

It also works as well with NO wife (divorced in 1973 and never looked back); and NO kids either! (One of the things we agreed on when I still had the wife.) This has been a Godsend when it comes to things like reenacting or suddenly taking off to go work on movies or just getting away for a while. (Though it also helps to not have anything to have to get away from!)

Free as a Jaybird!

My big Civil War trip in 2015 was to spend a couple of days in and around Vicksburg in September. Trotted over to see the Raymond battlefield, but otherwise explored every inch of the Vicksburg NMP itself. The last time I had gone, I had only an hour-and-a-half to do the driving tour. This time, I think I spent about seven hours doing it. Much better! Also got to spend far longer at the USS Cairo and poke around at some of the sites in town.

My big Civil War trip in 2015 was to spend a couple of days in and around Vicksburg in September. Trotted over to see the Raymond battlefield, but otherwise explored every inch of the Vicksburg NMP itself. The last time I had gone, I had only an hour-and-a-half to do the driving tour. This time, I think I spent about seven hours doing it. Much better! Also got to spend far longer at the USS Cairo and poke around at some of the sites in town.
Ima hoping to do that same thing in 2016.

Awesome city and NPS Park!

I sure hope no members perceive my travel threads as gloating. My motive is to share my passion with others. And to encourage others to travel (if they can travel). I have a very stressful vocation and traveling relieves the stress. I am able to work my trips around my schedule. I am very blessed and I have a very supportive wife.

Bill
I live in the UK and I have very little chance of visiting these wonderful sites, I greatly appreciate hearing about peoples tours and reading about their experiences, I also enjoy looking at CW battlefield photos, it enables me to share the experience with you. I get to sit back and enjoy a virtual tour.:thumbsup:

I live in the UK and I have very little chance of visiting these wonderful sites, I greatly appreciate hearing about peoples tours and reading about their experiences, I also enjoy looking at CW battlefield photos, it enables me to share the experience with you. I get to sit back and enjoy a virtual tour.:thumbsup:

Cheers!

Not 2015, but 2016...trying to recall

Redoubt Park in Williamsburg, VA
Antietam Luminaries
Gettysburg

Still have one more week left and I took off from work, for sanity's sake, so not sure what I am going to do. I booked a hotel room around Petersburg, VA, but I am not sure I am going.

Not 2015, but 2016...trying to recall

Redoubt Park in Williamsburg, VA
Antietam Luminaries
Gettysburg

Still have one more week left and I took off from work, for sanity's sake, so not sure what I am going to do. I booked a hotel room around Petersburg, VA, but I am not sure I am going.
Pssst! A new thread is in the works. Private messaged him last night. :D

Back