Longstreet A Leadership Analysis - Lieutenant-General James Longstreet

Thanks much! General Longstreet is one of my favorites. I've just finished reading the section about 1st Manassass when he was a brigade commander. I find it a very in depth analysis of Longstreet's command capabilities. I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

Thank you for sharing. Longstreet is by far my most favorite Civil War general. This was very interesting.

I read it - thank you for posting. Two things of notice - Longstreet's "Professional Ethics" were lacking, throughout the war, generally, in terms of his willlingness to follow orders in "good faith" - without question. I relate to being told what to do, when any thinking person should know better, but I'm not a soldier. He also ordered a bad charge against Burnside at Knoxville and gets "dinged" for it in the evaluation. But, he recognized the error and called the thing off. Burnside did not recognize his own error at Fredricksburg, to put it mildly.

It's a pretty good evaluation, with a bit of "strategery" thrown in for good measure. Thanks again for posting.

Back