Trivia 8-26-15 Paper Pusher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was appointed to General Lee's staff in June 1862. At Malvern Hill I bungled orders to General Magruder which resulted in his unsupported charges against the enemy. At Antietam, my signature was on Special Order 191 which found its way to McClellan. At the Chancellorsville battle, I bungled the order to Jubal Early resulting in the mistimed movement of his troops from Fredericksburg. After Gettysburg I transferred out of Lee's staff. He amicably recommended that my abilities were best suited to a desk job rather than a field position. Who am I?

credit: @Dave G

I was appointed to General Lee's staff in June 1862. At Malvern Hill I bungled orders to General Magruder which resulted in his unsupported charges against the enemy. At Antietam, my signature was on Special Order 191 which found its way to McClellan. At the Chancellorsville battle, I bungled the order to Jubal Early resulting in the mistimed movement of his troops from Fredericksburg. After Gettysburg I transferred out of Lee's staff. He amicably recommended that my abilities were best suited to a desk job rather than a field position. Who am I?

Robert H. Chilton

Robert H. Chilton Robert_Hall_Chilton.jpg

credit: @Dave G[/QUOTE

Robert Hall Chilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back