.44 Henry rimfire rifle cartridge

Hi!
Does anyone know what was the overall weight of .44 Henry rimfire cartridge (which was used with Winchester 1866 rifle) in grams, including bullet, propellant and case?
Thank you in advance

Welcome, enjoy. The original projectile weighted 216 grains, the charge was approx. 26grains. The later flat nose projectile was 210 grains, charge approx. 25-28 grains. No overall weight listed. This info is from Les Quick's "The Henry Rifle"

I am not sure of this but I seem to recall that when the Winchester '66, the "Yellow Boy", was issued, the cartridge for that arm was a bit more powerful than the cartridges that made for the Henry. Still a .44 rim fire bit a bit more oomph.

Keep in mind the difference between grains and grams. There are 7000 grains in a pound, and about 454 grams in a pound.
The 216 grain bullet would be about 14 gams, and the 26 grains of propellant would weigh about 1.7 grams.

Hi Jim! Sure, I am aware of that. The only problem is I failed to find the complete specification which includes cartridge overall weight (including case) . Must be ca 20.5 grams or so .

Back