1 hr Civil war on Antique Roadshow tonight

I just watched it (you can get it on your computer from the PBS website after the show has been broadcast). I would love to have read those diaries! Unfortunately, nobody mentioned until the very last scene that it's a good idea to share this material with nearby universities or museums so that others can access it.

This was a collage of scenes from the last 1 or so years, all related to CW-related items. The 2017 value was given for each item in addition to the one given when the episodes ran. In some cases the value changed quite a bit, some up, some down.

I recently read about the "Boy Colonel" Henry Burgwyn at Gettysburg, so it was great to see those watches.

It's definitely worth an hour of your time if you can catch a rerun or stream it on your computer.

Thanks for the recap. Of course I missed it. Inflicting a Civil War hour on the family always seems a little harsh, think I'll keep an eye open for the rerun. Diaries are always great! Oh, well mostly. We know someone whose ancestor left a series of letters from the war, like a diary of his service? SO funny. Poor man spent the entire war worrying about how much money his wife was spending while he was away.

Back